This guide explains how to connect between Beamex 40 bar and 630 bar pressure hoses and Beamex internal and external pressure modules. Remember to always use a seal to ensure tightness.
40 bar hoses / Bx G1/8"
- The Bx G1/8" pressure fitting is a quick connect fitting designed by Beamex
- Beamex 40 bar hoses have Bx G1/8" female thread
- Most internal and external pressure modules up to 20 bar (100m to 20C) have Bx G1/8” male thread, so the 40 bar hoses can be connected to these pressure modules without additional fittings
- internal high pressure modules (P60, P100, P160) have G1/8" female thread. Use 6089410 Pressure module fitting G1/8” male to Bx G1/8” male with O-ring (7400380) for connecting 40 bar pressure hose to these modules
- external high pressure modules (EXT60...EXT1000) have G1/4” male thread. Use 7113272 Pressure fitting Bx G1/8” male to G1/4” female with seal 7410100 (both included in set 8003100) for connecting 40 bar pressure hose to these modules
- Note! Never exceed the maximum working pressure of the hose when using the 40 bar pressure hose with high pressure modules.
630 bar hoses / Bx 1215
- The Bx 1215 pressure fitting is a quick connect fitting
- Beamex 630 bar hoses have a Bx 1215 female thread
- For connecting hose to high pressure internal module (P60, P100, P160) with G1/8" female, use 7108600 Pressure fitting Bx1215 male to G1/8" male (includes pre-assembled seal)
- For connecting hose to high pressure external module (EXT60...EXT1000) with G1/4" male, use 7108650 Pressure fitting Bx1215 male to G1/4" female (includes pre-assembled seal)
- if you want to connect 630 bar hose to low pressure modules with Bx G1/8" male, detach the preassembled fitting 6089410 which will reveal a G1/8" female thread as on P60, P100 and P160. After this, fitting 7108600 can be used.
Threads on internal and external pressure modules
The Bx G1/8" male thread exists on the following internal pressure modules of MC2, MC4 and MC6-family calibrators: 100m, 400mC, 1C, 2C, 6C, 20C, and the following external pressure modules EXT100m, EXT400mC, EXT1C, EXT2C, EXT6C, EXT20C and their equivalent Ex/IS-versions.
The G1/8" female thread exists on the following internal pressure modules: P60, P100, P160 and external pressure modules EXT160-s and EXT160-s-IS.
The G1/4" male thread exists on the following Beamex external high pressure modules: EXT60, EXT100, EXT160, EXT250, EXT600 and EXT1000. The connector ends with a small protrusion (nipple), often denoted with a symbol B (G1/4” B).